Monday, January 08, 2007

Figure Drawing 1


Last year, about this time, I took my first ever figure drawing class. And I must say it was long overdue. I don't feel that my skills had ever improved so much in the same period of time. I definitely need to do it more often.

For this piece, the model was laying on his back facing away from me, and I didn't feel a full-body sketch was really that interesting. So, rather than move, I punched in on his face and drew that instead. I think this was a 10-15 minute pose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice... I like how you've used the different yellows to define the planes of his face. That's a tough angle to draw.

Tony C. said...

Thanks Sarah. It seems that after the upload to Blogger, it appears to be more orannge/yellow than the original. It was originally produced with brown, tan and white conte crayons, on black paper.

Urban Barbarian said...

Quite cool and I really dig that poster you designed below! Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

hey tony:
muy bien hecho, felicitacines!!!!!
saludos
catriel.

Tony C. said...

Thank you Sarah, Dan, and Catriel!

I can't say enough how cool it is to have such talented people give some thoughts on my meager contributions.